Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dek38

Gerd Upper Stomach Discomfort - Celiac Related?

I have not been diagnosed with celiac, but I have a problem with gluten. When I had my endoscopy they found I had a hiatal hernia and GERD... So I think gluten intolerance and GERD are tied together a lot.

I have been Gluten Free for a year with only a few mishaps, now after a bad mistake, I have had C-Diff and what looks like GERD, not sure yet, they have not gone over the biopsies with me, I am just reading their report and everything I am reading, reads like GERD to me.  I will know after they go over the biopsy results with me, they took four samples out me. The mishap was 8 weeks ago, 8 weeks to heal, and I am still suffering a side effect.  Grade 2 Esophagiti; Erythema, Congestion, and petechie in the Stomach and Fundus, Gastritis; Erythema, congestion and atrophic appearance in the antrum; Erythema in the distal bulb and proximal second part of the duodenum, mild duodentitis.  Forgot my Gastric PH 1?  How is that possible?

That covers the gastric, the esophagus and the reflux and the disease.  GERD.  But, I could be wrong as I have never read  of these before or gone through this before and this past year has been all about learning all of these new things about my body.  Are we having fun yet?

I hope everyone can read through my dry humor when I put it in there.  I sometimes get frustrated and have to laugh it all.

I think I have GERD as my saliva is always thick white and foamy, I am taking PPI's but to no avail.  My first symptoms were strange sensations in my arms and legs, insomnia, and a constant dull ache in the upper stomach.  I then started to feel depressed and just wanted to cry for no reason, I also became very jumpy and did not want to go places alone.  the strange bowel movements happened nest, lots of undigested food matter, followed by constipation and then oil slicks/greasy stool.  My urine as also been off and my joints crack a lot more, the fatigue also started around the depression time.

It is like something as taken over my body.