Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

moosemalibu

I Think I Got Glutened...

I went camping this week at the Rubicon Trail in Northern California. It's a big 4x4 off road type trip. I prepared all my food in advance to make sure I didn't get glutened. What I failed to do was check the Jose Cuervo margarita mix online before bringing it. (I've drank tequila with lime prior to this trip and did not have the same effect- I know some cannot tolerate alcohol at all) I feel TERRIBLE - major D the day after and worse the 2nd day. I had a lot to drink one night while camping but none the next 2 days. We drove home today and we had to make several emergency gotta go now trips on the side of the road (wooded area thank goodness). After reading the website for Jose Cuervo it appears that they don't claim the mix is gluten free but some of the premixed stuff is. I wish I checked ahead of time. Lesson learned. 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ohhhh no!! Ohhh so very sorry!! Ohhh jeeze!! I will try and remember to drink what I know is safe. Wether be alcohol or not.. Thanks for that advice! I HATE runs to to woods!! Been there done that!! 

I sometimes go to N.C. with a friend when there was alot of construction it would take us 10 hrs. I wouldn't eat a thing for fear I'd have to  stop and go to the bathroom on the road. My friend would be so mad at me for doing that. Of course that was pre DX"s .. 

Now I know to take my food and drinks. :) I will be careful!! :) 

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

I am a healed celiac (repeat biopsy confirmed) and I drink red wine on occasion.  No gluten reactions.  I do not drink it on a regular basis because it triggers my facial Rosacea which is probably due to the tannins found in red wine (grape sk...
    Never went to a "gym" always felt on edge there and only used hotel ones at 4am when no one else was. What  invested in a few years after I got diagnosed was a set of resistant bands, a stationary bike (late got a under desk elliptical,...
    Think I just had a serve response to some red wine I drank last night, severe cramps, bloating, etc. I have never had a reaction like this to red wine, a new bottle I’ve never tried before. Has anyone had a gluten reaction to red wine? ...