Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scott Adams

Celiac Disease Makes Olympic Speedskating Champion Alter Her Fuel - Calgary Herald

Celiac disease makes Olympic speedskating champion alter her fuel

Calgary Herald

According to Canadian Celiac Association, the condition doesn't allow the body to absorb nutrients because the small intestine is damaged by gluten, which is a protein found in wheat, barley and rye. Nesbitt found she recovered faster from hard ...

and more »

View the full article

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

I am a healed celiac (repeat biopsy confirmed) and I drink red wine on occasion.  No gluten reactions.  I do not drink it on a regular basis because it triggers my facial Rosacea which is probably due to the tannins found in red wine (grape sk...
    Never went to a "gym" always felt on edge there and only used hotel ones at 4am when no one else was. What  invested in a few years after I got diagnosed was a set of resistant bands, a stationary bike (late got a under desk elliptical,...
    Think I just had a serve response to some red wine I drank last night, severe cramps, bloating, etc. I have never had a reaction like this to red wine, a new bottle I’ve never tried before. Has anyone had a gluten reaction to red wine? ...