bburmeister0407

Connections, Connections, Connections

Rate this topic

I work for a chiropractor in Wisconsin and we are always making connections about the body and different traumas it goes through. I was tracing back my medical history for the last few years and I think I have finally made a connection with everything.

When I was little, I broke my arm and had to have two surgeries. Then I broke it again, another two surgeries. The break was so bad that those two turned into four surgeries. In the 6th surgery, the doctor got my ulnar nerve stuck and I lost function of my hand. Then in 2011 I had another surgery to fix all the nerve damage. 

During surgery number 7, I was given an absurd amount of medication to keep me from getting so sick afterwards. I was then put on Vicodin post op. Within a week I had some severe anxiety and digestive issues. I stopped eating for about a week because I was so afraid of food. I was put on a medication for the digestive issues and then put on a medication for my anxiety...never once considering that they may be connected. 

Fast foward a few years and I am diagnosed with Celiac. As soon as I went gluten free I noticed that my anxiety would disappear. If I got glutened, welcome panic attacks again. None of this started until my last surgery. Now, in no way am I saying that everyone who has a trauma would get celiac or that everyone with celiac had a trauma, but there has to be some sort of connection. 

I work for a chiropractor in Wisconsin and we are always making connections about the body and different traumas it goes through. I was tracing back my medical history for the last few years and I think I have finally made a connection with everything.

When I was little, I broke my arm and had to have two surgeries. Then I broke it again, another two surgeries. The break was so bad that those two turned into four surgeries. In the 6th surgery, the doctor got my ulnar nerve stuck and I lost function of my hand. Then in 2011 I had another surgery to fix all the nerve damage. 

During surgery number 7, I was given an absurd amount of medication to keep me from getting so sick afterwards. I was then put on Vicodin post op. Within a week I had some severe anxiety and digestive issues. I stopped eating for about a week because I was so afraid of food. I was put on a medication for the digestive issues and then put on a medication for my anxiety...never once considering that they may be connected. 

Fast foward a few years and I am diagnosed with Celiac. As soon as I went gluten free I noticed that my anxiety would disappear. If I got glutened, welcome panic attacks again. None of this started until my last surgery. Now, in no way am I saying that everyone who has a trauma would get celiac or that everyone with celiac had a trauma, but there has to be some sort of connection.

In the research literature they often mention that the onset of celiac symptoms are in many cases connected to surgery or stressful and traumatic events in an individual's life.

Or also some autoimmune upheaval. For example in my case the first time it manifested itself was about 15 years ago when I was pregnant with my daughter i developed a rash I thought was chicken pocks- which seemed to come up every couple of years or so... Now I know it was not that I constantly caught the disease, it was actually DH!! Today I had a biopsy and coeliac was confirmed,!!!