moosemalibu

Ditching Oatmeal For Buckwheat...

Rate this topic

What is your favorite way to cook it in large quantities?

I was thinking rice cooker... does anyone know the liquid to groat ratio? I was thinking of using almond milk to give it a little sweetness. Maybe some stevia and some cinnamon, vanilla extract. I plan on eating it for breakfast instead of what I was eating before which was 3/4 cup of gluten-free oatmeal. I think it was giving me issues because I feel less bloated now that I'm off of it for a few days now.

thanks in advance!

Jamie, generally it's a good idea to not try even certified gluten-free oats for a year after going gluten-free so you may have tried it too soon.

I can't answer your question as I just do it up in a pot for a couple days worth.

Have you tried quinoa? It's so good for you. You can use stevia, nuts, raisins or other fruit in/on it. 

Jamie, generally it's a good idea to not try even certified gluten-free oats for a year after going gluten-free so you may have tried it too soon.

I can't answer your question as I just do it up in a pot for a couple days worth.

Have you tried quinoa? It's so good for you. You can use stevia, nuts, raisins or other fruit in/on it. 

Yeah... I totally learned that one the hard way. For some reason (ahem I'm stubborn) I wanted to keep my routine. I always eat 3 egg whites and oatmeal in the morning. But I've learned. I have learned! 

I tried the rice cooker tonight... and it totally boiled over! Woops! I salvaged it by just letting it simmer while the lid was open. I think I used too much liquid.. 3 cups of almond milk with 1 cup of groats.  :wacko:

I have tried quinoa, and I love quinoa but I wanted to try something different. Plus I had 3 boxes of Pocono gluten-free groats so I figured I may as well eat them. I'm struggling a bit with money right now. So I gotta eat what I have.  <_<