This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Celiac And Low Blood Sugar

thepalm

thepalm Newbie

Hi!

I'm new here so sorry if this is in the wrong place! 

I am a 40-something-year old who lives in the UAE. I don't eat anything containing gluten, and eat healthily eg fruit, vegetables, beans, quinoa, lentils (and salted popcorn at the cinema!). I will eat three meals a day, breakfast around 7am, lunch around 2pm, and dinner at 8pm. I generally don't eat unless I am hungry, but I can get very hungry at certain times of the month. I choose my portion size based on what is suggested on the recipe (eg enough for 1 person) rather than eating any more than this.

I go to the gym almost every morning, for 1-2 hours, before breakfast. I work full-time. I live in the UAE so spend a lot of time on the beach at the weekends (but still have to take vitamin-D tablets)!!

I'm currently taking vit B12, gingo biloba, vit C, vit D, calcium, and multi-vitamin tablets (from various suggestions) because I think I have low levels of these.

Just wondered if anyone had any advice or thoughts on being hungry and how to regulate my blood sugar levels? Sometimes in the evenings I can eat entire boxes of chocolates in one go! I had my blood sugar tested around a month ago, which was at the bottom end of normal (70, I think - but I had eaten a HUGE amount before that), but I think my blood sugar is generally quite low. What do you think about getting a blood glucose tester? Has anyone used these before and do they help? If so please can you give details on how many times a day you use them, how long after meals etc? Does anyone have suggestions about good books or people to go to about this kind of issue?

Thank you so so much for any advice at all!!!

And Happy Christmas to all who celebrate it!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

NanaA
    Newest Member
    NanaA
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• trents
      Do you have online access to your celiac panel test results such that you could post them? tTG-IGG is kind of a secondary test. A weak positive in that one could indicate celiac disease but since it isn't as specific a marker as the tTG-IGA it is not real convincing. You could also have NCGS (Non Celiac Gluten Sensitivity) for which there is no test. Celiac disease must first be ruled out. It is 10x more common than celiac disease and shares many of the same symptoms. Some experts believe it can be a precursor to celiac disease. The antidote for both is the same: total avoidance of gluten.
    • powerofpositivethinking
      I haven't been on this forum for a long time, but it was absolutely wonderful during the diagnostic process!  My path for celiac disease diagnosis was the following: -Had normal IgA level, and my only serology positive test was the DGP IgG -Deficiencies in both Vitamins D and K that did not increase at first despite massive supplementation -Diagnosis of fat malabsorption both total and neutral -Diagnosis of severe exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) -Testing was completed to rule out causes of EPI, and the only one not ruled out was celiac. -Both traditional endoscopy and pill capsule endoscopy yielded negative results for biopsy confirmation, but my GI doctor said that both procedures simply could have missed the damaged spots. -EPI and fat malabsorption resolved after taking Creon for 6 months since my EPI was caused by celiac -23 and Me said I don't have either of the two prominent genes for celiac disease   Remember that you might not have 'textbook' symptoms, but you still may have celiac disease.   Also, I am SO incredibly grateful for this site for all the learning it has allowed me to do. I have a senior dog, and these last few weeks with her were very scary! After two hospital stays, she finally received an IBD diagnosis after having gastroenteritis and pancreatitis. I know that celiac disease is not IBD, however, through reading this site, I learned more about it. I was relieved when I found out she had IBD and not cancer this past Wednesday. I know IBD can be managed thanks to what I've learned here!  So celiac.com, not only did you help me, but you helped my pup too! Thank you ❤️  
    • SuzanneL
      It was tTG IGG that was flagged high. I'm not sure about the other stuff. I'm still eating my normal stuff. 
    • cristiana
      Thank you for your post, @Nedast, and welcome to the forum. It is interesting to read of your experiences. Although I've not had TMJ, from time to time I have had a bit of mild pain in my jaw, sharp stabbing pains and tingling in my face which appears to have been caused by issues with my trigeminal nerve.  I read that sometimes a damaged trigeminal nerve in coeliacs can heal after adopting a gluten free diet.  I try to keep out of cold winds or wear a scarf over my face when it is cold and windy, those conditions tend to be my 'trigger' but I do think that staying clear of gluten has helped.  Also, sleeping with a rolled up towel under my neck is a tip I picked up online, again, that seems to bring benefits. Thank you again for your input - living with this sort of pain can be very hard, so it is good to be able to share advice.
    • Julie Riordan
      I am going to France in two weeks and then to Portugal in May   Thanks for your reply