mojo124

Anyone With Iga Nephropathy?

Rate this topic

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with IgA Nephropathy last year. So far, I haven't responded to treatments and have read that there can be a link between this form of kidney disease and Celiac disease. I haven't been tested and, truthfully, the idea of an endoscope scares me. I've always had what I thought was IBS-like symptoms, but never noticed a link between my stomach problems after eating a meal that was high in gluten. I am overweight, and *do* carry most of my weight in the stomach area, which makes me wonder if I could possibly react badly to gluten. Any easy ways to tell if I am gluten allergic/sensitive/intolerant, etc. without doing an endoscope? (I am a surgery phobe; I get very sick even with twilight sedatives and hate the idea of having a tube shoved down my throat).

Is there anyone in this group who has IgA Nephropathy? Have you found that your kidney function improved by removing gluten from your diet? I would love to hear any personal success stories, mostly to give me the motivation to try a gluten-free diet. The idea just sounds so hard as of right now. I love wheat!

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with IgA Nephropathy last year. So far, I haven't responded to treatments and have read that there can be a link between this form of kidney disease and Celiac disease. I haven't been tested and, truthfully, the idea of an endoscope scares me. I've always had what I thought was IBS-like symptoms, but never noticed a link between my stomach problems after eating a meal that was high in gluten. I am overweight, and *do* carry most of my weight in the stomach area, which makes me wonder if I could possibly react badly to gluten. Any easy ways to tell if I am gluten allergic/sensitive/intolerant, etc. without doing an endoscope? (I am a surgery phobe; I get very sick even with twilight sedatives and hate the idea of having a tube shoved down my throat).

Is there anyone in this group who has IgA Nephropathy? Have you found that your kidney function improved by removing gluten from your diet? I would love to hear any personal success stories, mostly to give me the motivation to try a gluten-free diet. The idea just sounds so hard as of right now. I love wheat!

Thanks in advance.

celiac blood panel?