BlessedMommy

Best Resources For Educating Non-Celiac?

Rate this topic

So, tonight I was talking to a friend of mine. I told her (after she mentioned wanting to bring something for me), "You know, this is a super difficult diet to master and it's taken me a long time to get the hang of it, so I really don't expect anyone to go out of their way for me."

Come to find out, she has a couple of celiac family members and she really and truly wants to understand celiac better and to be able to provide her family with safe food. She understands some about CC and wants to learn more about it and how to safely make her celiac family members some safe treats. She is willing to go invest in some dedicated gluten-free pots and utensils and spend time educating herself just to make them stuff. 

What is a good resource for non-celiacs who want to get educated on the topic? I told her that I'd go ask my celiac friends and see if I could rustle up a recommended resource sheet. :)

So, tonight I was talking to a friend of mine. I told her (after she mentioned wanting to bring something for me), "You know, this is a super difficult diet to master and it's taken me a long time to get the hang of it, so I really don't expect anyone to go out of their way for me."

Come to find out, she has a couple of celiac family members and she really and truly wants to understand celiac better and to be able to provide her family with safe food. She understands some about CC and wants to learn more about it and how to safely make her celiac family members some safe treats. She is willing to go invest in some dedicated gluten-free pots and utensils and spend time educating herself just to make them stuff. 

What is a good resource for non-celiacs who want to get educated on the topic? I told her that I'd go ask my celiac friends and see if I could rustle up a recommended resource sheet. :)

Same place we all go...here and in particular the Newbie 101 thread.

Same rules for all...doesn't matter if the person cooking has an issue with gluten. My husband understands all the rules as does my Son-in-law.