Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am still looking for the reason for our son's recent episode of symptoms, likely glutening (serious constipation with intense abdominal pain).
Has anyone ever used spices made by EMPRESS? I had an old jar of ground Oregano on our shelf and - without thinking clearly - used it in a dinner last week. The next morning it all started...

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

When you say old, do you mean from before you were gluten free? All spices from pre-gluten free days should be ditched and replaced because they could be CC'd from your own kitchen. I can't count the times in a single month I would do things like double dip from one thing to another, and it's a very common practice. As is washing measuring spoons only when they get wet for some people. I would consider this first. If it isn't from before you were gluten free, the most reliable source of information will be the company. Their number is probably on the jar. 

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

The other thing to take into account is that it's not just you learning, it's the people that live with you. You will make mistakes in the beginning and that's with you being celiac. Other people don't even think about cross contamination...
    More than likely you have Celiac Disease. You can't know for sure that it's celiac vs another disease without the biopsy but with your labs it's probably 90%+ Celiac Disease. Drs will typically not want to comment on the diagnosis until they...
    Hello everyone. I'm 46 and have suffered from a myriad of symptoms for the past 25 years (diarrhea/constipation, rashes, reflux, fatigue, mouth ulcers, allergy symptoms, eye inflammation, brain fog, pressure headaches, hearing loss, more recently...