This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Question About Ingredients.

mjcoelnc

mjcoelnc Rookie

My daughter bought a box of Duncan Hines Simple Mornings Blueberry Streusel with crumb topping for me cause she thought the ingredients would be fine for me. At least that's what she was told.  I told her I wasn't sure and she was heart broken.

Ingredients: 

Flour (whole wheat flour,wheat flour), sugar, palm oil, dextrin (wheat fiber), corn starch, baking powder (monocalcium phosphate, baking soda), natural flavor, salt, xanthan and guar gum, blueberries packed in water. Contains: wheat.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

bartfull Rising Star

Are you celiac? Or do you have NCGI?

The first ingredient is wheat, so if you are either of the above, of course you can't eat this.

mjcoelnc Rookie

Haven't been tested for Celiac's but doctor said to stay away from gluten if it bothered me.

bartfull Rising Star

Gluten is in wheat, rye, barley, and in most oats unless they say "certified gluten-free".

kareng Grand Master

I guess I am not sure what you are asking?  For someone who should not eat gluten - gluten is the first and main ingredients of those.

Maybe you should get the blood test for Celiac disease before you stop eating gluten?  That might be helpful for you.

Archived