Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doc white

Help Dh People

Hi Dh sufferers i want to try and help a many Dh people as i can. I have dh it's one of the worst things you can get. My arms were covered and legs, head I'd have to get shower 4 times a night it would drive me crazy I'd itch all day. I was on dapsone for a short time until my wife told me about coconut oil.i started with on heat spoonful for the first week, the second week two spoonful keep on tha until the blisters have gone. You still need to eat gluten free also my wife uses it for cooing to I have no blisters unless cross contamination. The coconut oil has to be Virgin unrefined the blisters will start disappearing in a few months it works for me and I hope it works for you all.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Do you eat the coconut oil or put it on the lesions? I find it useful for dry skin and hair also when applied topically. 

Do you know you should limit iodine until your lesions are healed? Iodine can keep the antibodies active in the skin. I only had to drop iodized salt but others have had to limit high iodine foods also. I stopped getting lesions unless glutened within a couple months and within a couple years my lesions became just one or two tiny blisters when glutened. If your breakouts are still severe if you get CCd you may want to limit iodine for a bit. Do add it back in after your skin has calmed down as iodine is a needed nutrient. 

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

i have been putting a spoonful in my hot tea in the mornings :)  trying to gain weight, but if it's helping the skin, then, win-winning!  i also use it in a salve i make with tea tree oil, also good for hair, lolz - i use it like the old lady on the frank's red hot commercial!  haha  :D

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

i have been putting a spoonful in my hot tea in the mornings :)  trying to gain weight, but if it's helping the skin, then, win-winning!  i also use it in a salve i make with tea tree oil, also good for hair, lolz - i use it like the old lady on the frank's red hot commercial!  haha  :D

if you want to gain the weight with coconut oil have it three times a day with a protein shake. Good luck

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter