Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Rate this topic

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with a diagnosis of toddler diarrhea and found something to help?

My 2 year old son has chronic loose, unformed stools with lots of undigested food. Only occasionally is it formed, usually as a hard nugget that's then followed by more loose stools. Sorry to be graphic here, but this has been going on his whole little life! 

Testing has revealed nothing! Celiac blood test was negative. Stool samples were all fine, i.e. No malabsorption of sugars or fats. He is a very tall little guy, so no height or weight issues. 

I have found very sugary food/drinks, over consumption of fruit, and very oily foods make it worse and will burn his bottom for days. 

I tried a low carb, gluten/dairy free diet for 2 weeks in December for both of us, and that also made us both much worse. His energy was circling the drain, and we were both runnier than ever. 

I do plan to do a proper gluten-free diet for us both right after my celiac testing is complete. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience or thoughts. This is the only forum I've found people even talking about diagnosis like toddler diarrhea. 

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):