cstark

Anything else to promote healing?

Rate this topic

In response to the MDs' responses of "nothing is wrong with you." mentality, I have decided to no longer do any more testing for symptoms.  (I despise being the guinea pig.:)) Instead, I am going to do what I know to do: stay on the gluten-free diet, start exercising on a more routine basis, and Healing Touch.  Is there anything else I can do to promote/accelerate healing to whatever damage my body incurred in the 30 years of eating gluten?

I was given a diet protocol by a NP who specialized in marrying natural treatments with medicine.  I did find that I had more energy and felt better when on the diet.  Unfortunately, I started to introduce the "illegal" gluten-free foods.  Thanks for the reminder.  I think I need to get back on it. :) 

30 minutes ago, cstark said:

I was given a diet protocol by a NP who specialized in marrying natural treatments with medicine.  I did find that I had more energy and felt better when on the diet.  Unfortunately, I started to introduce the "illegal" gluten-free foods.  Thanks for the reminder.  I think I need to get back on it. :) 

You know, cstark, you are young, you will heal. People often overthink this and obsess about what they are eating. Follow a good, healthy gluten-free diet which can include official gluten free foods.  If you find that you don't feel well after eating certain items, then exclude them for now. Many, many people do just fine and do not have to follow uber strict diets to heal. Those people are in the vast minority. Just relax and realize that healing does take time so be patient. After 11 years gluten-free, I can hammer down just about anything as long as it is very gluten free without too much dairy. This after having a totally compromised gut at diagnosis. I could barely hold anything down.

The exercise is a very good idea too!  :)

11 minutes ago, Gemini said:

You know, cstark, you are young, you will heal. People often overthink this and obsess about what they are eating. Follow a good, healthy gluten-free diet which can include official gluten free foods.  If you find that you don't feel well after eating certain items, then exclude them for now. Many, many people do just fine and do not have to follow uber strict diets to heal. Those people are in the vast minority. Just relax and realize that healing does take time so be patient. After 11 years gluten-free, I can hammer down just about anything as long as it is very gluten free without too much dairy. This after having a totally compromised gut at diagnosis. I could barely hold anything down.

The exercise is a very good idea too!  :)

Thanks for the input.  From onset of symptoms to now has been somewhat crazy.  it's been almost a year now since needing to go gluten free.  Looking back, I would say symptoms have improved.  Still having episodes, but less frequent now which is a major praise.  Maybe sometime I will share my story.  Appreciate the support from this website. :)