cstark

minor bit of whining

Rate this topic

Does anyone find it frustrating when co-workers bring in goodies you are not able to have?  Drives me nuts.  The staff had a pizza party for lunch break today, donuts included.  Knowing the consequences of ingesting gluten seriously outweighs the temptation to snitch even a corner off a donut.  GGGRRRRR!!!!

Ok. I am done whining.  Back to real life. :) Have a great day y'all!

6 minutes ago, ravenwoodglass said:

A good excuse to get your favorite treat on the way home. Glad you resisted the temptation.

I found out that the fast food place on the way home has a separate vat of oil for their French fries.  It is not used for anything but the French fries.  Might stop there on the way home. :)

I enjoy participating on treat days by making some gluten free goodies to share.  It is especially gratifying to see wheat eaters enjoying a slice of gluten free banana bread, for example, and taking second helpings. :)  And like you, I just remember that eating anything with wheat in it is equal to splashing battery acid on my skin.  It's just not worth it!

It was never tempting for me.  It bothered the people sitting near me while I ate my own food more than it did me!  Get a gluten-free candy bar from the vending machine... that takes the edge off!

Debbie

On 9/14/2016 at 4:21 PM, cstark said:

I found out that the fast food place on the way home has a separate vat of oil for their French fries.  It is not used for anything but the French fries.  Might stop there on the way home. :)

winning!!!! :)   love it when i find a 'new' treat that i don't have to fingerprint ;)