Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
1 1
von

Post-diagnosis abdominal issues?

Rate this topic

Hi everyone,

Apologies in advance if this is TMI! :wacko:

I was diagnosed 2 years ago with Celiac disease but I never really suffered with any significant digestive issues when eating gluten. Recently I have been having abdominal cramping for at least a few minutes every day in the area below my belly button. I've also noticed that I seem to have enlarged internal hemorrhoids that don't bleed and haven't prolapsed but seem to contribute to constipation? I'm not sure if any of this is related to Celiac but it seems like I'm now suffering from digestive issues that many people have pre-diagnosis. Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar!

2 hours ago, von said:

Hi everyone,

Apologies in advance if this is TMI! :wacko:

I was diagnosed 2 years ago with Celiac disease but I never really suffered with any significant digestive issues when eating gluten. Recently I have been having abdominal cramping for at least a few minutes every day in the area below my belly button. I've also noticed that I seem to have enlarged internal hemorrhoids that don't bleed and haven't prolapsed but seem to contribute to constipation? I'm not sure if any of this is related to Celiac but it seems like I'm now suffering from digestive issues that many people have pre-diagnosis. Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar!

When was your last follow-up celiac blood test?  This will help determine whether your current issues are due to a celiac flare-up.  Learn more:

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/faq/how-often-should-follow-up-testing-occur/

If celiac disease is ruled out, you can focus on other possible causes.  ?