Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×

Rate this topic

For those of you that havent gone gluten-free yet because you are working towards a diagnosis like I am, do you or did you keep a food diary?  I'm thinking of starting one to track what I eat and how it affects my stomach and neurological symptoms. 

30 minutes ago, mnburis said:

For those of you that havent gone gluten-free yet because you are working towards a diagnosis like I am, do you or did you keep a food diary?  I'm thinking of starting one to track what I eat and how it affects my stomach and neurological symptoms. 

I sure did. I had no idea what i was doing 9 years ago and things weren't labeled as clearly, so I had to keep track of what I reacted to! I highly encourage a diary for food and reactions.

• Upvote 1

I'm hoping this new GI i'm seeing next week will actually look at it even though I'll only have a few days on it. 

Hi Mnburis!

I have been keeping a food/symptom diary for about 3 years and have found it to be amazingly helpful!  It has helped me determine things that were bothering me on a few occasions already.  I brought it to a nutritionist at one point and she did look at it, which was helpful as well.  I hope that your Dr will take the time to and that continuing to use one will help you with your detective work!  Good luck and let us know how it goes!