Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Ennis_TX

Weight Gain!

Rate this topic

FINALLY got up to 130lbs! Been binge eating my coconut flat bread, cheese sauces, coconut, hemp seeds, almonds, and most recently GROUND COCOA NIBS, I found roasted cocoa nibs online in 1.5lb bags for $23. I been eating about 1/2 cup a meal blending in shakes, icecream, sprinkle toppings etc. I love how the different roast and sources of the beans gives different flavors and find the combinations quite fun. I also took a tip from a body builder buddy and got some ketones and potassium and started taking them along with 7 digestive enzyme tablets before a meal (serving size is 3). Results were I put on almost a full 3lbs in a week after years of trying to bulk up. This is fantastic. seems to be muscle to boot.

Now that my health is up, I feel more like doing stuff, just wish business would pick up with the bakery and the almond butter sales.

Diagnosed Issues
Celiac (Gluten Ataxia, and Villi Damage dia. 2014, Villi mostly healed on gluten-free diet 2017 confirmed by scope)
Ulcerative Colitis (Dia, 2017), ADHD, Bipolar, Asperger Syndrome (form of autism)
Allergies Corn, Whey
Sensitivities/Intolerances
Peanuts (resolved 2019), Cellulose Gel, Lactose, Soy, Yeast
Olives (Seems to have resolved or gone mostly away as of Jan, 2017), Sesame (Gone away as of June 2017, still slight Nausea)
Enzyme issues with digesting some foods I have to take Pancreatic Enzymes Since mine does not work right, additional food prep steps also
Low Tolerance for sugars and carbs (Glucose spikes and UC Flares)
Occupation Gluten Free Bakery, Paleo Based Chef/Food Catering

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I always laugh when people say they're going gluten free to lose weight.

HA! tell that to the +10lbs I lost in a month before going gluten-free. Of course, last winter I went a little too far the other way, so when I lost 10lb fairly quickly this spring, I was relieved that my vitamin levels were all still good. It's stayed put for the past while, which is good.

Anyway, great to hear you have your energy back! (cocoa nibs are highly deceptive little suckers)

~ Be a light unto yourself. ~ - The Buddha

- Gluten-free since March 2009 (not officially diagnosed, but most likely Celiac). Symptoms have greatly improved or disappeared since.
- Soy intolerant. Dairy free (likely casein intolerant). Problems with eggs, quinoa, brown rice

- mild gastritis seen on endoscopy Oct 2012. Not sure if healed or not.
- Family members with Celiac: Mother, sister, aunt on mother's side, aunt and uncle on father's side, more being diagnosed every year.

Join eNewsletter