Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
1 1
celiacmom774

Homemade Chocolate Bar

Rate this topic

We are only a month and a half with our gluten free diet and one thing we are definitely missing is chocolate. We live in Canada and have yet to find a chocolate bar that we can eat. We were excited to find that Smarties in the US were okay, but upon further investigation we learned that Smarties in the US are what we call Rockets in Canada and are not chocolate at all!  We also have nut allergies in our house which eliminates several gluten-free options.

Well I came across this recipe on pinterest (Thanks to Beaming Baker!!!!!!!!) and have to tell you it takes under a minute to prepare and is totally delicious!!!

1 1/2 cups chocolate chips ( I used milk chocolate chipits that are gluten free!)

3/4 cups brown rice krispies

2 teaspoons coconut oil

I put the chocolate chips and the coconut oil in the microwave for 20 seconds and stirred.

Then put in another 15 seconds and stirred until all the chocolate chips were melted.

Then fold in the rice krispies.

Using a spatula lay chocolate mixture on parchment paper in a dish or pan.

Smooth mixture out.

Place dish into freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.

Break pieces to keep in the fridge or freezer, if you don't eat it all at once!!!

I saw on one of her other posts that she made them in cupcake wrappers and they came out shaped like a peanut butter cup.

FYI  My daughter's favourite chocolate bar was Kit Kat and I am so excited to share that she thinks it tastes just like Kit Kat, I think it also reminds me of chocolate macaroons.

Enjoy!!!!

GERBS allergen friendly foods (ships to canada) has milk and gluten free chocolate chips also free of other crap. Enjoy Life Makes allergen friendly chocolate chips. Melt these in a double boiler and use candy molds, add what ever you wish for fillings, As you mentioned a bit extra coconut oil makes it pour easier. Check with LorAnn Oils for extracts suitable for chocolates, there are some crazy ideas there (I have a peanut allergy and they have a safe peanut free artificial peanut butter extract,...reseses?) Perhaps you can start making chocoates and selling them at a local farmers market? I started a bakery for gluten free baked goods and almond butter to help fund my gluten free diet along with doing chef work. I personally can not have sugar and order Crio Bru ground cocoa beans and mix it with a sweetener and just use it as a desert topping or a snack mix >.> stuff is addicting eating it by the handful.

2 hours ago, celiacmom774 said:

We are only a month and a half with our gluten free diet and one thing we are definitely missing is chocolate. We live in Canada and have yet to find a chocolate bar that we can eat. We were excited to find that Smarties in the US were okay, but upon further investigation we learned that Smarties in the US are what we call Rockets in Canada and are not chocolate at all!  We also have nut allergies in our house which eliminates several gluten-free options.

Well I came across this recipe on pinterest (Thanks to Beaming Baker!!!!!!!!) and have to tell you it takes under a minute to prepare and is totally delicious!!!

1 1/2 cups chocolate chips ( I used milk chocolate chipits that are gluten free!)

3/4 cups brown rice krispies

2 teaspoons coconut oil

I put the chocolate chips and the coconut oil in the microwave for 20 seconds and stirred.

Then put in another 15 seconds and stirred until all the chocolate chips were melted.

Then fold in the rice krispies.

Using a spatula lay chocolate mixture on parchment paper in a dish or pan.

Smooth mixture out.

Place dish into freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.

Break pieces to keep in the fridge or freezer, if you don't eat it all at once!!!

I saw on one of her other posts that she made them in cupcake wrappers and they came out shaped like a peanut butter cup.

FYI  My daughter's favourite chocolate bar was Kit Kat and I am so excited to share that she thinks it tastes just like Kit Kat, I think it also reminds me of chocolate macaroons.

Enjoy!!!!

Make sure that cereal (brown Rice Krispies) is gluten free.  The most popular version contains barley malt!  

The candy sounds yummy!  ?

6 minutes ago, celiacmom774 said:

Yes, our brown rice krispies in canada are gluten free...thanks for suggestion.

Thanks for clarifying!