This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Any one else experience neuropathy when returning to gym workouts?

Awol cast iron stomach

Awol cast iron stomach Experienced

I looked to see if this was already answered but didn't see it. After 2 years of taking it light with walking and just light weights letting the body be my guide. My joints and fatigue during recovery led my exercise for two years. I started to return to gym and my former modified gym routine. Frustratingly triggered neuropathy in my feet and fatigue. I was fine the other day but today within 12 minutes my feet went numb i tried switching from elliptical to bike and it continued on. Still ongoing now? I know I have not been glutened by food been very strict. Is this my fate now with exercise? Can exercise trigger my neuropathy. For the most part the neuropathy no exercise is gone now 32 months after the challenge. I thought I was all clear to get that gym membership and move out of walking and home exercise. Should I increase the b vitamins as body may demand more now that I am making more demands on my exercise routine? Or is this just something that can and does occur since neuropathy entered my life 7 years ago and reared its ugly head relentlessly after the challenge? Any advice or experience? Thanks 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cyclinglady Grand Master

Maybe it is not actually celiac disease related?  

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/peripheral-neuropathy/symptoms-causes/syc-20352061

I hope you can figure it out.  

Ennis-TX Grand Master

Might be deficiency triggered, by example if you work out a lot you deplete your magnesium and need more otherwise nerve and muscle symptoms show.

• 1 month later...
Awol cast iron stomach Experienced

Thanks Cycling lady and Ennis. I got a TB test 5 weeks ago in order to return to employment and had a bad reaction no idea to what ingredient.  I went from bad to worse and wondered how I would report for my first day. I am now wondering if that kind of set it off for me. As I had to see the TCM/Chiropractor to stop my reaction to the TB test, who enabled me to at least report to first day of work.

Also as you mentioned Ennis between trying to return to work and being back at work and on my feet most of 7 hours a day I must be depleting the mg and (possibly B's?) . I am taking my multi in AM and increased the Mg (as you suggested I must not realize I am burning through it-denial) at night before bed with the water keifer.  

Cycling Lady I do fear the amount of time I went undiagnosed has left me with peripheral neuropathy. I believe I read on here some veterans have this as a fall out of Celiac and with healing it may subside. I am hoping so for me. The thought of PN has been rearing its head on and off for the past 26 months since the G challenge. I still don't quite feel healed yet.

I am headed back to TCM/Chiropractor today for another tune up so hoping she can get my cerebellum, nerves, and feet back to comfortable functional level and pain free again. 

Thanks for the support and ideas. 

(Yikes clearly I am off -I realize my first post says 32 months-goodness me. I joined the forums in 2016 and my challenge was fall of 2016. How did I get 32 ? , Yes, I will need that TCM tune up, need to stay hydrated, and watch those vitamins/nutrients depletion symptoms)

Happy Holidays to you both.

Archived