Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest jgeeningie

Pre-biopsy

Guest jgeeningie

I'm pretty sure that I have Celiac Disease, I've had blood work done and 2 out of 3 tests came back positive. I'm still waiting for my initial consultation with the GI which is on Feb 21st. I've been told to stay on a normal diet so that I do not receive a false negative on my biopsy. Anyway, I've been avoiding shopping b/c I know I won't be able to buy normal groceries soon.

Well, out of necessity, (my husband needed bread and cereal) I went shopping at a local grocery store. Can I tell you how alienated I felt in the store. All of the aisles were screaming " You can't have anything down here- keep going" :unsure:

I know there are things I can buy, but I'm not savvy to all of the shopping tricks yet. Luckily, there is a Whole Foods near by, and I think I will be frequenting that soon.

By the way Whole Foods is having a Gluten-Free Awareness month in March

Jenn S.

PA

Boy, do I know that feeling! :angry: It was as if I didn't belong in my own Kroger! We're in the frequent flyer club of the health food section, and I'm going to have an appointment with a dietician on the 20th to get a better game plan going. My husband and I just keep our stuff VERY separate. He has two shelves in the pantry, I have two! That way, no cross contamination. We don't have any wheat flour, or any gluten-containg products that can "drift" in our house. Haven't been to Whole Foods or Wild Oats yet, because we're afraid of sticker shock!!!!! :blink: After the dietician visit, though, we've decided that we're venturing there. Good luck to you -- you start to get used to being the "odd-man out", and the feeling starts to just not bother you -- at least that's my experience. Good luck to you -- I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

You don't need to spend oodles of money on gluten free foods. Please go to the recipie's section on this site.

Eating fresh has always been a good avenue. If you need help with seasoning....let me know. Nothing much has changed in my life as for eating -- just a different approach. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy. Believe it or not. Happy eating. :)

Lisa