Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nic

Frustrated With Mcdonalds

I am extremely frustrated with McDonalds. My son is 5 and was diagnosed in May. I got on the phone right away and called the food places he liked best to see which he could still eat. The first being McDonalds. I was given an 800 number for their nutrition center which I called. They assured me that the fries were gluten free. Today I heard on the news that McDonalds is releasing a statement that their fries do contain gluten. I checked on line and sure enough, their is wheat and "breading". I called the Nutrition center today very upset. My son has been eating fries several times a month. They said that the company that makes the fries never disclosed to them that the fries are cooked in oil that contains wheat for flavoring even before it gets to them. It was this new law requiring allergens to be named that made them tell McDonalds. I am frustrated because here I am being careful, and I am wrongly informed.

I am absolutely disgusted with McDonalds. I have to go and tell my son that he can never eat McDonalds French Fries again and it just breaks my heart. :angry: Being a GIGANTIC food chain, you would think they could put there foot down and say "find a different oil" but of course they won't. I've already written a letter to them addressing my disgust.

Thank you for the article, I had no idea.

I am extremely frustrated with McDonalds. My son is 5 and was diagnosed in May. I got on the phone right away and called the food places he liked best to see which he could still eat. The first being McDonalds. I was given an 800 number for their nutrition center which I called. They assured me that the fries were gluten free. Today I heard on the news that McDonalds is releasing a statement that their fries do contain gluten. I checked on line and sure enough, their is wheat and "breading". I called the Nutrition center today very upset. My son has been eating fries several times a month. They said that the company that makes the fries never disclosed to them that the fries are cooked in oil that contains wheat for flavoring even before it gets to them. It was this new law requiring allergens to be named that made them tell McDonalds. I am frustrated because here I am being careful, and I am wrongly informed.

I agree, we are in the same boat, our nutritionist actually priased McDonalds because they use a separate frier for their french fries.

My wife and I both wrote the company we were beyond furious with them.