Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VegasCeliacBuckeye

gluten-free Breadbasket (order Online)

Everything looked great, I just wish I could afford the shipping charges to Florida. I was going to place an order because they had several items that were casein free also but the shipping choices were 2 day for 50.00 or next day for 80.00. I was only ordering 2 loaves of bread and a pizza crust to try. If you live in a state on the list the shipping is only 15.00 for UPS ground.

Jennifer

I haven't ordered the stuff online yet, but I have tried the following products (I live near the bakery):

- Plain bagels-- closest thing I've found to a bagel. Toasts and eats like a real bagel.

- Blondies-- can I say heaven?

- Cinnamon Raisin bread-- my first gluten-free bread, I prefer it to other breads I have tried from other companies.

- Muffins-- I've had the corn, chocolate chip (yum!), and blueberry I think? All were good. Slightly different texture than "regular" muffins, but still enjoyable.

- Coffee cake-- I had this fresh out of the oven, it was crumbly it was so fresh! I'm not a big coffee cake fan, but this was really good.

Someday, one of these places will open up on the West Coast (or Nevada)...

Sounds like an idea I need to jump on...

Actually, I have an ambition to make the first gluten free "saltine" -- lord knows we need it -- I was thinking of ordering the Crumb Cake and the Coffee Cake from this place -- it has been too long since I have had those things

(oh and the bagels too)

Damn you shipping costs....I wonder how much it would cost to ship this stuff via pigeon or swallow (Obviously an African Swallow, eh??)