Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

3 months gluten free and feeling better

Rate this topic

so ive been gluten free since my diagnosis back in mid jan of this year - i stopped having dairy for several weeks although i wasn’t really getting a reaction when eating it and u would say i felt totally normal around two weeks ago it’s amazing - and i was adding dairy back in recently on and off to see if i’d feel any different and thank god no reaction - i never had many GI issues at onset but more physical with iron deficiency only - i have to say that most all of my back pain and aches have disappeared! i feel so much more energetic and no longer fatigued - my eyes are brighter white no stomach pain - i’m waiting on 3 months to go do followup blood work and pray my levels have dropped!  do you think it’s safe to incorporate dairy in diet slowly if it’s not causing me pain or should i hold off?  so far i feel totally normal with the small amounts i am consuming 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yay! So glad you're feeling better! Imagine how good you will feel in a year! If you don't react to dairy, then just go for it. Don't restrict anything that's not necessary. Some people get temporary lactose intolerace, but it doesn't seem to be the case with you so enjoy your dairy! 

If the doctor mention IBS, run. 

ty so much i’m hoping i will only continue to feel even better - so i’ve only incorporated dairy in small increments - but generally have lactose free milk and yogurt - i had stopped dairy for two weeks just to test my gut but it really never bothered me anyway - i didn’t see much of a difference so i added little bits of butter or ice cream and see no reaction- however most of my diet is lactose free - i hope my blood work indicates a decent drop in my levels - other thing was i read my biopsy which  said mild blunted mucosa - and wondering was my gut that damaged?  my levels were high in my blood work but maybe my gut wasn’t that bad🤔

It takes a lot more time to damage the gut than to get elevated antibody levels. Maybe you haven't been sick that long? That's probably why you already feel so much better 😃
I suspect I was sick 5 years prior to diagnosis and my gut damage was partial to subtotal. 5 years and still not a total damage. 

i only started having symptoms of pinchiness under my ribs in october of 2020 - very mild until dec it felt a bit stronger then did endoscopy and blood work and was diagnosed but i’ve always been anemic and i’ve had a traumatic situation happen to my son two years ago which i feel brought this on or woke it up rather - i’m praying o continue to feel better and that my gut is healing one day at a time image.png.8cd953ead74c6b65a50861f463ed42a9.png❤️

Yes, I also believe that celiac can be triggered by stress or trauma. My stress started around 5-6 years ago and I don't think it's a coincidence I had my first celiac symptoms (neuropathy) about the same time. I got referred to a neurologist for suspected MS. Of course I didn't know back then it was celiac because my gut symptoms flared up waaaaay later. That's probably why it took so long to get diagnosed.