• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

AmandaD

Hi - Questions Before...

Rate this topic

Hi again,

All right - so tomorrow's my 6-month re-check. My D has left me and I seem to be doing fine. What should I be talking to about with the doctor tomorrow? Do I have to have more tests?

I'm kind of nervous - I keep having this image of them pulling out a "surprise" endoscopy tomorrow while I'm sitting there...hee, hee...

Amanda :D

Ha, well, you might be safe on the surprise thing unless you have an emergency...I think they usually like to have the stomach empty before they do it. By-the-way, I had one last Monday and it was just fine...I slept through it...had it at the same time as my colonoscopy, and whatever sedative they gave me, just made me sleep through the whole thing. I do have lovely pictures though. :lol:

Can't help with questions though since I'm just now going through the first round with this doctor. I see him tomorrow for the results of my scope and I'll ask him about retesting.

At my 6 month, the doctor asked me how I was doing with the diet, and if the D was improving. He asked if I needed any meds for cramping and told me to come back in a year. Short and sweet :D Hope your appt goes well!

Hello.

I have been gluten-free since december. My fup is in may. They told me they would redo the blood work, to make sure all of my levels are ok. Nutrients etc. Also they will look at the testing of the intolerance that originally diagnosed me. Maybe they will just talk to you, maybe they will also do the bloodwork> Good luck!

Jessica - I'm looking at your signature - jeesh - you had to go through 2 biopsies? That sucks! And they ended up diagnosing you because of your bloodwork? What were your levels - was it the TTG...that sounds like quite an experience!!!!!!!!!

Hello.

I have been gluten-free since december. My fup is in may. They told me they would redo the blood work, to make sure all of my levels are ok. Nutrients etc. Also they will look at the testing of the intolerance that originally diagnosed me. Maybe they will just talk to you, maybe they will also do the bloodwork> Good luck!