• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

deena647

Should I Have My Children Tested?

Rate this topic

Hello.....I was told I am celiac after having unexplained problems for the past 20 years. I am 37 and I have been having everything from stomach pain and gas to being told I was in the early stages of menapause. When my husband went on the Atkins diet I figured out my issue,wheat. After a physical I was told I was anemic (I have been most of my life) an that I was celiac. My 9 year old son has had tummy pain on and off for years and the doctors we have goneto say it is nerves. My 4 year old daughter has had bowls problems since she was a baby. I have been eating gluten free for 3 mo. or so now, I have had many times I ate something and did not know it had gluten. I am thinking about getting my kids blood checked as soon as school is out......God Bless you all......Deena

Guest schmenge
Hello.....I was told I am celiac after having unexplained problems for the past 20 years. I am 37 and I have been having everything from stomach pain and gas to being told I was in the early stages of menapause. When my husband went on the Atkins diet I figured out my issue,wheat. After a physical I was told I was anemic (I have been most of my life) an that I was celiac. My 9 year old son has had tummy pain on and off for years and the doctors we have goneto say it is nerves. My 4 year old daughter has had bowls problems since she was a baby. I have been eating gluten free for 3 mo. or so now, I have had many times I ate something and did not know it had gluten. I am thinking about getting my kids blood checked as soon as school is out......God Bless you all......Deena

Certainly your call, but I would get the kids tested. My son had a lot of undiagnosed stomach problems a few years ago (long before I was diagnosed). I thought he would for sure have celiac. He not only passed the blood test, but the gene test as well (as did my daughter). But, now we know, at least 99% sure (which is what I have read that gene testing is).