• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

lorka150

Input On My New Purchase...

Rate this topic

Hi everyone,

I want to buy a waffle maker and am wondering if anyone has this one:

http://www.costco.ca/en-CA/Browse/Product....49&hierPath=90*

I like it because the plates come out for easy cleaning. I already have a grill, but the sandwich maker is a nice plus.

Or, does anyone recommend another one? With plates that come out, please (unless that isn't a good idea?)

Thanks!

i've got a phillips 8" round waffle maker and love it...unsure where i got it, it's about 10yrs old and works great. canadian tire sells one for $12.99 FYI http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortments/pro...fromSearch=true

my plates don't come out, but so long as one doesn't overfill the machine, like put too much mix into it, it's no problem to clean, just a wipe with a cloth.

i use the elpeto pancake mix, and sub applesauce for the oil in their recipe, and spray down the plates with some veggie oil in aerosol. be careful with waffles, they're really easy to pack a lot of calories/fat into, if you're one to watch calories :-)

--matt

thanks - is it deep? i want belgian.

as for the baking tips... haha, thanks. i don't use any pre-made mixes, and i know all the substitutes. thanks anyway.

my finished waffles with the phillips are too thick to fit into a regular toaster, i believe they're about 1" thick, whereas max thickness for normal toasters seems to be about 7/8 or 15/16...they just don't quite fit, and i've looked high and low for 'thick slice' toaster....gotta use the toaster oven warm up the ones i freeze. that might be something to think about too, if you plan on freezing/toasting.

--matt

I would look for one with good reviews. Some of the ones with multiple plates get lousy reviews, they work so poorly. This is a company that is famous for little refrigerators. That doesn't give me confidence in their waffle iron.

Thanks! I've been reading some reviews. I did some rethinking, and probably will opt for just a waffle maker.