• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Guest mmc

Unbelievable Chicken Recipe

Rate this topic

Guest mmc

This is absolutely my favorite chicken recipe ever. It is the ultimate no-fuss gourmet recipe. It takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and you don't have to stand over the stove every minute. I hope that everyone enjoys this as much as my family and I do. Even my 5 and 3 year old daughters love it.

It may sound difficult to some, but, try it, it's really not! :D

As far as I can tell, it's completely gluten-free!

Grilled Chicken and Tomato-Basil Rice Pilaf

Served with Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce and Reduced Balsamic Vinegar

2 cups heavy cream

6 cloves roasted garlic, smashed

1 cup balsamic vinegar

4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, trimmed

2 cups rice

4 cups water

2 Tbsp olive oil

2 roma tomatoes, diced

6-8 fresh basil leaves, ripped

Salt

Pepper

1. Place rice in sauce pan, add the olive oil and toss to coat each grain.

2. Add water and bring to a boil. Cover.

3. Place heavy cream and roasted garlic in a sauté pan. Bring to a boil.

4. Place balsamic vinegar in a small sauté pan. Bring to a boil.

5. Grill chicken. (minimum temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.) Cover with foil to keep warm.

6. Dice the roma tomatoes and rip the basil leaves.

7. Check on the balsamic vinegar. To do this, dip the bottom of a spoon into the pan, then run your finger through the sauce on the spoon, if the vinegar does not fill in the mark left from your finger immediately, it is done. Remove from heat and place in a GLASS container.

8. Check on cream sauce. It is done when there are dime sized bubbles when boiling. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and place in a serving container.

9. Uncover rice. Add tomatoes and basil. Stir gently with a fork to fluff.

10. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving container.

To Serve:

Place a serving of rice pilaf and chicken on a plate. Ladle garlic cream sauce over chicken and drizzle with balsamic vinegar reduction.

Enjoy!

Guest mmc
Looks fantastic--I've gotta try it! Do you marinate the chicken in anything before grilling or just grill it naked?

Just season it with salt and pepper, possibly brush it with some olive oil to prevent it from sticking to the grill, and ta-da!

I hope you try it and enjoy it as much as my family and I do. It's fantastic!

Guest mmc
how do you make this with out the cream sause? Can you use soy or rice milk?

You can completely leave out the cream sauce and just serve it with the reduced balsamic. If you do want to use rice or soy milk, you would need to add something to it as a thickener, but it would work.

Guest mmc
Do you have to roast the garlic, or can you just use 6 smashed cloves of raw garlic?

You don't have to roast it if you don't want to, you can just smash it raw. Roasted is just my personal opinion, but some days when I don't have time to roast some garlic, I just smash it with my knife and throw it in. :D

I made it tonight! It was INSANELY good! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

The only changes I made were to use bottled minced garlic in the cream sauce and instead of salt, I used parmesan cheese (hee hee).

YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUMYUMYUMYUMYUM

Guest mmc
I made it tonight! It was INSANELY good! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

The only changes I made were to use bottled minced garlic in the cream sauce and instead of salt, I used parmesan cheese (hee hee).

YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUMYUMYUMYUMYUM

I'm so glad you liked it! It's my favorite. I'm glad I could help out by offering a new dish to the celiac lifestyle! :D