• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

I just got back from the doctor after a nice 4 hour xray visit for a upper GI for it they make u drink a baretheum?? shake so they can see whats going on in your intestines, this was seperte testing not for celiac but for ibs, but the drink is making me hurt inside like i did when i was eating wheat products i was just wondering if anyone knows of this stuff as containing gluten in it or not my stomic is really growling at me hardcore

Guest cassidy

I tried to figure that out as well. I don't know for sure, but I didn't have a gluten reaction when I had an upper gi, so I think it is fine.

They also made me eat a marshmallow and a bagel and swallow it with barium. Mine wasn't for celiac either, but that shows how much the doctor believed that I had celiac. I found a gluten-free bagel and that was the first and last time I have had any gluten-free bread. The experience was not fun and I haven't wanted to try it again.

Hope you feel better!

Did the flavor the drink, becasue mine they put a mix that had gluten in it, and halfway through, i started projectile vomiting, and they had to stop and couldn't do it, this is after gluten-free for 13 years, but they wanted to find out if i had something else, cause the thyroid was acting up...