• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

Hi guys,

I'm sure this question has been answered before, and I apologize if it sounds a bit silly. Combine the fact that I'm only 20 and that I've always been quite naive about alcohol (yes, there actually exists a college student that does not drink!), but are all wines (at least those that would be used for cooking) gluten-free?

I'm going out to dinner on Monday, and most Italian chicken dishes use wine in their sauces... chicken marsala, caprese, sorrentino, francaise.... mmmm, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

Also, this diner makes their desserts from scratch. I realize I would have to ask them specifically, but would you think their homemade rice pudding would be gluten-free?

Thanks you guys, you're the best:-)

PS. My friends have already said that when I turn 21 in August, they're taking me out for a drink (just one!)... so I'll be back, asking what I can/can't drink!:-)

wine should be gluten free (have never seen one that wasn't), and the rice pudding *should* be, but as always, check with them on their ingredients.