• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Kaycee

Foul Smelling Bread

Rate this topic

I am newly diagnosed with coeliac, and life has been a whole new ball game for me, but I am getting there.

Here is one thing out of many, that puzzles me and I wonder if I am the only one who can no longer stand the smell of bread in the aisles of the supermarket. It does not smell like it used to, as it used to smell nice and inviting, but now is has a sickly gone off smell to it.

Just a little question to kick of my contributions to the forum.

Cathy

It's the same for me. I'm sitting at Panera Bread right now though to get onto their internet, and the smell here doesn't bother me. Could it be the chemicals in the grocery store bread? Some pizza dough smells bother me, too.

Mmmmmm.... Panera bread does smell so good... I go there for internet, too.

I've actually felt like everything smells funky since I started the diet. I don't know... Maybe it's just me... but the worst smells are definetly in the grocery store...

Yea, my husband sometimes joins me, but he eats ... I stick my nose really close to his sandwich and take a good smell of it! Fortunately, his eating it in front of me doesn't bother me a bit, but I still tease him about it because he deserves it. I just take my gluten free biscotti in to enjoy with my hazelnut coffee.