• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

I was diagnosed with Celiac's about 9 months ago. GI symptoms have abated, and only get "foggy brain" when I inadvertantly eat gluten ( was advised by dietician that Kellogg's Rice Krispies, & Rick Krispie bars were gluten free, just found out differently!). However, I have had ongoing joint pain in my feet, knees and hands with frequent feet and leg cramps. I know this can be associated with Celiac's. Will these symptoms get better over time being off gluten? Any tips for relief?

You might have some other food intolerances also. I had horrible arthritis for a while in almost every joint except my jaw (thank goodness I could still talk!) and it went away by eating a very limited diet. I cut out wheat/gluten, all dairy, eggs, soy, nightshade vegetables, red meat, most beans and peanuts and a few other things. The arthritis went away. Now I'm still gluten-free, avoid dairy (but eat small amounts of raw goat cheese), avoid eggs (but will eat a small amount of baked goods with egg in them once in a while) and avoid soy like the plague. I've added everything else back in and am joint-pain free. You might want to try a very limited diet for a couple of months and see if it helps. My mom has had relief simply by eliminating dairy.