Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

betsyboo01

Please Recommend "gluten Free Bread"?

Guest Robbin

Maybe someone has mentioned this before, but I bought some English muffins from a company called "By George" and they are delicious. They are not like a regular English muffin-more like a biscuit, and they are really thick. They come frozen, so I wrap them in a paper towel, nuke them in the microwave for about a minute, then slice in half, kind of squish them flatter (they are thick for the toaster) and wow are they great for a sandwich and I have not had a problem with any reactions to these. They are gluten-free, dairy free, soy free, corn free. The only problem is that they are expensive here (5.69 for 5) , but they are great for me on weekends when we have friends over and I can have a burger on a "bun" with everyone else without having to bake myself anything. I even had one thawed, untoasted, crumbled with sugar, strawberries and almond milk for a "strawberry shortcake". Not too bad!

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

The other thing to take into account is that it's not just you learning, it's the people that live with you. You will make mistakes in the beginning and that's with you being celiac. Other people don't even think about cross contamination...
    More than likely you have Celiac Disease. You can't know for sure that it's celiac vs another disease without the biopsy but with your labs it's probably 90%+ Celiac Disease. Drs will typically not want to comment on the diagnosis until they...
    Hello everyone. I'm 46 and have suffered from a myriad of symptoms for the past 25 years (diarrhea/constipation, rashes, reflux, fatigue, mouth ulcers, allergy symptoms, eye inflammation, brain fog, pressure headaches, hearing loss, more recently...