• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

LLatham

Uncle Ben's Rice & La Choy Lite Soy Sauce?

Rate this topic

Anyone experience any problems with Uncle Ben's Converted Original Long Grain White Rice or La Choy Lite Soy Sauce?

All my research online on the rice points that it's safe, but anyone have more info on LaChoy? I know it's been on here that it is gluten-free, but is the 'lite' variety of it.

I've had an unusual amount of the sauce the last days thanks to my new rice steamer, and I've been horribly ill.

I can't remember exactly but I know that when I was in the store, I looked at both the lite variety and the regular one and I bought the regular one. We avoid gluten and dairy so I can't remember what was in the soy sauce but it was one or the other because I know I didn't buy it. Sorry if this is confusing...

Anyone experience any problems with Uncle Ben's Converted Original Long Grain White Rice or La Choy Lite Soy Sauce?

All my research online on the rice points that it's safe, but anyone have more info on LaChoy? I know it's been on here that it is gluten-free, but is the 'lite' variety of it.

I've had an unusual amount of the sauce the last days thanks to my new rice steamer, and I've been horribly ill.

Oh you can't have the La Choy, it definitely has wheat in the sauce. I bought on-line the San-J Organic wheat free soy sauce. All soy sauces have wheat in them. be careful!

Does it say wheat in the label. I"ve found most soy sauces that have wheat will list it. All soy sauces do not contain wheat. The walmart brand say gluten-free right on the label.

La Choy regular and lite are both gluten-free.

In my experience, soy sauce ALWAYS lists wheat if it has it. It's a major ingredient.

richard