• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

skipper30

Other Allergy Testing?

Rate this topic

I am wondering how many of you who have or have children who are Celiacs have asked or had other allergy testing done. We go back to our AWESOME GI doc in July and I am wondering if we should persue it.

I have noticed, after pouring over these posts, that A LOT of people seem to have allergies in addition to the celiac. :blink:

Am I being too cautious??

I am wondering how many of you who have or have children who are Celiacs have asked or had other allergy testing done. We go back to our AWESOME GI doc in July and I am wondering if we should persue it.

I have noticed, after pouring over these posts, that A LOT of people seem to have allergies in addition to the celiac. :blink:

Am I being too cautious??

I think it is imortant to look for other food intolerances if the symptoms do not go away with the gluten free diet. My son has not been tested for anything else so far. We are concidering dairy as he still has bouts of sickness and I am sure he is not getting gluten (his antibody levels are all normal now after a year gluten free).

Nicole

My son was tested for other allergies and came back positive to a ton of stuff. Most of it is environmental but he is also allergic to soy, cod, watermelon and tomato.

I don't think it would hurt to check for other allergens.

You're not being too cautious. Is your child having other symptoms that could point to food allergies? If they are then go for it. If not, I wouldn't worry about it. My daughter has eczema, so we've proceeded with testing and found she has allergies to milk and eggs (so far). good luck and I'm so glad you have a doctor who is so good! That means the world.

I would definiately persue allergy testing if you think your child could be reacting to other foods. My son has had eczema since he was a baby. It's MUCH better now!! We've had him allergy tested twice (once at a year and just a couple of months ago when he turned 3). He's allergic to tomatoes, egg whites, soy and peanuts on top of the severe issues with gluten. We can never be too cautious when it comes to our kids.

Guest tracey and emma

Hi

i have just read your first post, and being honist only some of the others as i am so tired. sorry.

I have simular problems with feeds and it is not so uncommen to have this with feeding tubes. one week emma is ok and the next she is retching and gaging like no tomorrow for know reason at all.

we usually go to electrolites for 1-2 nights here in germany it is called oral-perdon in england dioratlite, not sure about were you are.

then after a break we start so slowerly and build it up everynight till we get to were she should be but that is not always the case quite offtern end up going backwards. just another idaer because i know this can be normal and know a lot of other parents the same!!!!

just though i would mention it. probably no help but.....you never know.

i have just posted in the wrong place sorry! so tired no sleep in 2 weeks

tracey