• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Lauren M

Pineapple Coconut Muffins

Rate this topic

I am by no means an expert cook. Added to that is the fact that I don't have the attention span to spend a long time whipping up something, but I'm really sick of paying top dollar for gluten-free baked products. So I decided to buy "Wheat-Free, Gluten-Free Cookbook for Kids and Busy Adults" by Connie Sarros.

Yesterday I made her pinapple coconut muffins, using a Bob's Red Mill flour mix that I had. They turned out sooo yummy! Almost more cake-like than muffin, they would be great with a cream cheese frosting. I think next time I'll use more coconut though (love it). If anyone has the book, try out the recipe. I would be happy to post it, but don't want to have any copyright infringement, so if anyone is knowledgeable about that, let me know.

- Lauren

I am by no means an expert cook. Added to that is the fact that I don't have the attention span to spend a long time whipping up something, but I'm really sick of paying top dollar for gluten-free baked products. So I decided to buy "Wheat-Free, Gluten-Free Cookbook for Kids and Busy Adults" by Connie Sarros.

Yesterday I made her pinapple coconut muffins, using a Bob's Red Mill flour mix that I had. They turned out sooo yummy! Almost more cake-like than muffin, they would be great with a cream cheese frosting. I think next time I'll use more coconut though (love it). If anyone has the book, try out the recipe. I would be happy to post it, but don't want to have any copyright infringement, so if anyone is knowledgeable about that, let me know.

- Lauren

Hi Lauren--You can post the recipe, just be sure to name the book it came from and the author of the original recipe. :)

OK I trust Patti, so I'll post the recipe :P

Again, it's from "Wheat-Free, Gluten-Free Cookbook for Kids and Busy Adults" by Connie Sarros, and I recommend it, as a "busy adult."

Pineapple coconut muffins

- 2 eggs

- 1 c. gluten-free flour mix

- 6 Tbsp pineapple preserves

- 1 Tbsp corn oil

- 1 c. sugar

- 2 tsp vanilla

- 1 Tbsp mayo

- 1.5 tsp baking powder

- 1 tsp baking soda

- 1/4 tsp salt

- 1/4 shredded coconut

Whisk eggs slightly, then whisk in sour cream, sugar, preserves, oil, vanilla, and mayo. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt over egg mixture. Stir just until blended. Stir in coconut. Bake @ 350 for about 20 min. Makes about 16 smallish muffins.

I think adding maraschino cherries might be yummy too...

- Lauren