• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

besides overall anxiety and tension, i have for a long time had an enormous amount of tension in my lower abdomen. it feels like a stone, or constantly squeezed. some of this abdominal discomfort is due to bloating, but besides that it just feels constantly tensed. anyone else get this? i guess it could be IBS (whatever that actually is), or anxiety. but its so bad i am at wit's end with how i feel. it takes so much effort to relax it (and in general) but never fully releases. i'd hoped if gluten was the problem i'd feel better by now (gluten-free Day 10), although i know it can take longer to heal (my symptoms started to appear beginning 11 years ago with bloating, and i've never been to a doctor - i have no med. insurance right now - i just keep chugging along thinking its all stress). i'm sure there is no gluten in what i'm eating or shampoo, etc. but i guess i'll hang in there a bit longer. it's really frustrating not knowing. i feel too exhasuted and crummy to work most of the time, but i need and want to. but as soon as i have 99 bucks in my pocket, enterolabs is getting my poop. sorry, i'm not sure there's even a point to this post, except ranting. oh yeah, abdominal tension... anyone else get that rock/tension feeling in the very lower gut, from gluten?

besides overall anxiety and tension, i have for a long time had an enormous amount of tension in my lower abdomen. it feels like a stone, or constantly squeezed. some of this abdominal discomfort is due to bloating, but besides that it just feels constantly tensed. anyone else get this? i guess it could be IBS (whatever that actually is), or anxiety. but its so bad i am at wit's end with how i feel. it takes so much effort to relax it (and in general) but never fully releases. i'd hoped if gluten was the problem i'd feel better by now (gluten-free Day 10), although i know it can take longer to heal (my symptoms started to appear beginning 11 years ago with bloating, and i've never been to a doctor - i have no med. insurance right now - i just keep chugging along thinking its all stress). i'm sure there is no gluten in what i'm eating or shampoo, etc. but i guess i'll hang in there a bit longer. it's really frustrating not knowing. i feel too exhasuted and crummy to work most of the time, but i need and want to. but as soon as i have 99 bucks in my pocket, enterolabs is getting my poop. sorry, i'm not sure there's even a point to this post, except ranting. oh yeah, abdominal tension... anyone else get that rock/tension feeling in the very lower gut, from gluten?

I didn't have the same problems but I can relate to the constipation. My GI doc recommended taking Citracel Fiber pills. They are gluten free and have taken away my right -sided pain. He says I have a lot of gas in my intestines and this really relieves it. Hope you feel better.

I didn't have the same problems but I can relate to the constipation. My GI doc recommended taking Citracel Fiber pills. They are gluten free and have taken away my right -sided pain. He says I have a lot of gas in my intestines and this really relieves it. Hope you feel better.

thank you. i do eat lots of fiber. lately the constipation/tension has just been worse. i don't know.

thank you. i do eat lots of fiber. lately the constipation/tension has just been worse. i don't know.

I sort of have the same feeling... mine is more like a rock in my abdomen. Sometimes it feels like there is a rock going through my intestines... weird I know...