Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'v been to 8 doctors for a face rash that I developed over a year ago. I have been treated for everything (acne, excema, rosea, perioral derm, yeast ect...) I have been on every antibiotic, steriod, antifungal...ect...When I got the flu it cleared up. When I went yeast free it helped (If you eliminate yeast you also kind of eliminate gluten). I just started gluten free last month it was 100% better (I was on minocycline also) I started eating regularly and it came back even with the minocycline. Now I'm on eyrothcycline????????????. I can't spell. Anyways my doc said, If I have A Celiac, antibotics will help. I said, okay will you just do a boispy, so he did results will be next week. I'm not sure if any of these doc's know anything about celiac, and they don't care. I'm sooo tired. History.....had surgery 1 month before rash, hernia. Had ear yeast infection in oct 2005. endometrosis since 1987, so everything heartburn bowel problems blamed on that. I'm 5'7 weigh 115 eat about 2500 + calories per day, runner, so in theory I say yes celiac, but I know there more to it then that. Here are my questions; 1. if I have DH is there a special test or will a boipsy show it? 2. Will antiboitics helpDH?. 3. what kind of doc should I be seeing? 4. What the most accurate way to be tested knowing that I have been off, and on wheat since about december (thought I was off gluten, but was far from it). I have had 6 times eliminating food with postive results, rash would almost diapperar, and rash seems better in mornings than nights. Doctor call rash perioral dermitits. I have been on antibotics total of 5 months off and on. Sorry this is so choppy. PLease anyone know?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Antibiotics will not help celiac.

If they biopsy the rash, it needs to be next to the blister, not the blister. A dermatologist does that.

A GI doc does the intestinal test, but you do need to be consuming gluten. I was off wheat and all my tests were inconclusive. I ended up going to www.enterolab.com to be tested since you can be gluten-free.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06