Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M-3 Gal

Symptoms

When you eat something that makes you feel bad, if later on you eat an approved food, such as fruit, does anybody feel sick also. I am getting confused because I thought I had narrowed it down to gluten, wheat, soy and chocolate, however I ate something last night that had none of that stuff and had the stomach pain and aches immediately....so I assumed there was something hidden in it somewhere....however, all day today no matter what I eat, I feel sick...is that the layover of the gluten I ate last night????? HELP!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi.

Soy is hidden in all sorts of things, even 100% olive oil so that might be it.

After being glutened everything makes me feel bad, it lasts a couple of days for me but I think everyone is different.

A family with Celiac disease, two brothers and two sisters.

Lyme Disease, Diagnosis October 19, 2006

May 2006 - December 2008 Gluten and Dairy Free

December 2008, while seeing improvement on the gluten free diet, I did not recover and so in December of 2008 began the SCD and now have hope for recovery.

is that the layover of the gluten I ate last night????? HELP!

my 'layover' lasts about seven to ten days. hope you feel better.

Gluten-free, Vegan

Guest Robbin

Welcome. Yes, it will probably take a few days at least. Everyone is different. I hope you feel better soon. btw-Are you dairy free as well? Perhaps while you are healing you are dairy intolerant as well. Try to cut out dairy for awhile and see if it makes a difference. It is a common problem with a lot of us. Sometimes, it is lactose intolerance that improves as you heal or it can be a casein intolerance -in which case you would need to completely stay off dairy for good. Take care and keep us posted.