This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Accidentally Glutened....burping Like Crazy

chgomom

chgomom Enthusiast

Hello All....

I am up with a flight leaving at 2 am ....right now its 10:30 pm my time.

Anyway...tonight I tried some instant labled, "GLUTEN FREE" brown rice which I had bought at Wild Oats supermarket. Well I am eating it....mmm yummmm...should have known when it tasted so oood right off the bat something was up. SO I start look at the ingredients again.....pressed canola oil. Sheesh!

Then whats up with potatoes.....I was out on the net reading saying if you have celiac....youshould avoid them till your intestine are better healed because starches are harder to digest.

Am I an idiot??? Burping myself like a baby.....I glutened myself .....

And then on top of it...I am taking medroxyprogesterone so that my Aunt Floe will come to town because of my polycystic ovaries ugggghhhh

I need hugs,,,,and reassurance.....I just wnat to cry

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

morganb Newbie

please consider this post of mine as a hug :wub: I hope you feel better soon

chgomom Enthusiast

Oh thanks....its really amazing what your body will tell you.

No bipsie yet....all blood work wayyyyyy positive doc insists that I need to be scoped or he won't call it what I know it is. He said dietary reactions could all just be coincidental. Frustrating as it is....I am now on the hunt for another doctor. I just saw one ....at University of Illinois at Chicago hospital....there is a whole entire celiac clinic there....whooo hoo....I think I will scope that out...

One great thing...I just looked at the menus at Disney where I will be going and they do have fresh fruit through out the park......I guess thats where my behind will be....

mythreesuns Contributor
Hello All....

I am up with a flight leaving at 2 am ....right now its 10:30 pm my time.

Anyway...tonight I tried some instant labled, "GLUTEN FREE" brown rice which I had bought at Wild Oats supermarket. Well I am eating it....mmm yummmm...should have known when it tasted so oood right off the bat something was up. SO I start look at the ingredients again.....pressed canola oil. Sheesh!

Then whats up with potatoes.....I was out on the net reading saying if you have celiac....youshould avoid them till your intestine are better healed because starches are harder to digest.

Am I an idiot??? Burping myself like a baby.....I glutened myself .....

And then on top of it...I am taking medroxyprogesterone so that my Aunt Floe will come to town because of my polycystic ovaries ugggghhhh

I need hugs,,,,and reassurance.....I just wnat to cry

Ok, first of all, HUGS to you!!!!!! When I first went milk-free I used to get the rotten egg burps every time I slipped. Yuck!!

Second, being a newbie I'll ask the stupid question.....pressed canola oil has gluten in it???

penguin Community Regular
Ok, first of all, HUGS to you!!!!!! When I first went milk-free I used to get the rotten egg burps every time I slipped. Yuck!!

Second, being a newbie I'll ask the stupid question.....pressed canola oil has gluten in it???

Canola oil is gluten-free, it comes from rape seed, which is part of the mustard family.

Sorry you aren't feeling well, chgomom!

mythreesuns Contributor
Canola oil is gluten-free, it comes from rape seed, which is part of the mustard family.

Sorry you aren't feeling well, chgomom!

Ok, now I REALLY don't understand! LOL

I'm sorry, again, chgomom! How did you gluten yourself?

Archived