Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So i'm lounging in my bathtub to ease the pain and i'm thumbing through the new Exchange Catalog (military) and there I see "Salton Breadman Ultimate"...in the description it's telling all about the machine and what it includes and then I see "recipe booklet and instuctional videotape with gluten free and low carb programs"......

Get outta town! Has anyone ever used this bread machine?? If so, please post what you think about it...i'm seriously considering trying it out...

~Turtle~

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hey Turtle,

I don't have that one, but I went to a seminar led by Donna Washburn and Heather Butt, who both said that it doesn't really matter WHICH bread machine you get. I would just suggest that if it is more expensive, it might not be worth the extra dough (ha!).

PS. Do you use bubblebath? I'm looking for a nice gluten-free one.!

Gluten-free, Vegan

YES, I agree w/ that statement...it was very appropriately priced in the catalog which is the only reason I was considering trying it out. I dunno...may just be easier to keep bying Food for Life bread and keep it simple. We'll see...

I don't really use to many bubblebaths (although it's on my "to do" list to check at the health food store to see if they have any gluten-free ones there). I've been using a few drops of tea tree oil or sometimes I use a few drops of AVEDA's Active. I like the menthal in that one and it helps w/ my sore muscles too. I'll post if I come across a good one! You do the same!

~Turtle~

Thanks!

if the breadmaker is a good price, i'd get it if you're in the market for one. mine was not expensive (i think 79$ (canadian) and works really well. i use it, or sometimes just the oven, to make my own, which i would assume might be better than buying it. i don't know because i've always been allergic to rice, so i've never tried pre-made bread, but i hear they aren't the greatest!

Gluten-free, Vegan