Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

celiackids

Church Project For Ds's Class

In about 3 wks, my 4 yr. old DS's Sunday school class is having a craft w/Vanilla Wafers. They are building the wall of Jherico and are going to knock it down afterwards. My question is, do ya'll know if there are any Wheat/Gluten free vanilla wafers anywhere?? I'm talking about the kind you'd put in Banana Pudding. If there are not any, do you think wearing rubber gloves would be okay?? The powder free kind. I can use any cookie but wanted to find these VW first.

TIA

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have seen gluten-free vanilla wafers before (don't know the brand, as I can't eat them anyway). Mind you, they were rather expensive.

I imagine that either gloves, or making sure your son will wash his hands right afterwards should be fine, if normal wafers are used. Of course, it will be hard to keep him from touching his mouth, gloves or not, as he is little.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would probably skip that day :unsure:

Even if you did have gluten-free wafers (that are crazy expensive), how would you guard against cc in that setting?

Alright, don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy

We'll all float on, alright

Well we'll float on good news is on the way...