Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

justme

Legums

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

so legums are supposed to be gassy... would it be gassy in soy milk form?

I think that depends on the person. I don't eat much soy, so I haven't noticed. But I get terribly gassy from peanut butter.

I never had any problems like that before, even with the usual suspects (peppers, cukes) until the stomach symptoms started. Now, even when I'm grain free, I've noticed that I get gassy from peanut butter, chickpeas, hummous, peppers, cukes, crabmeat, what else? Can't think of anything.

Enterolab:

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 20 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 9 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 1223 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal Anti-Soy IgA 18 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 8,7)

Gastritis dx 10/24

Eosinophilia of large bowel dx 10/29

I think that for people who are bothered by legumes, soy milk would bother them, too. You'd just have to test it. Soy is a very common allergen in its own right!

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Oddly I do not get gassy from the beans that I eat, but soy gives me gas, just the 3 Tablespoons of soy sauce in a stir fry is enough to make me uncomfortable. I avoid most forms of soy.

Another good tool to use for food intolerances is the book "eat right for your blood type". well except they talk about eating wheat etc, I just disregarded that part, but other than that it was right on the spot with my foods, it was really weird to read about myself like that - it was so on target for my blood type.