Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

celiackids

Help Now Please!

It's Sunday night now and DD was sent to bed about an hour ago. She came in the living room crying b/c she didn't feel good. I think she was glutened. She says that her tummy is cramping and quizzy. I made her put in a supository of Phenegren just incase it's just a tummy ache and not gluten.

I read here one time that Propel works if glutened, is that true?????

Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It's Sunday night now and DD was sent to bed about an hour ago. She came in the living room crying b/c she didn't feel good. I think she was glutened. She says that her tummy is cramping and quizzy. I made her put in a supository of Phenegren just incase it's just a tummy ache and not gluten.

I read here one time that Propel works if glutened, is that true?????

Thanks.

I don't know about the Propel.....but for us, a dose of probiotics works pretty well. It's also a great thing to have for colds, flus and general illnesses of a bacterial nature.

Hope she feels better soon!

Vicky

This is sooooo just my opinion, but when I get glutened, chewable pepto helps me....I don't know if you have any, but that works for me.....

EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005

Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

Thank you for that info. Do you know if that comes w/out dairy?? What's the name of it??

Thanks

There are many that are dairy-free. For dd, I buy Metagenics brand Bifobifidus and Acidophilus.

I've also found that eating a bit of chili helps me. I assume it's because of the glutamine found in meat and beans which soothes the small bowel. Glutamine deficiencies are pretty rampant among us and is pretty crucial for keeping the intestines healthy. I ran into the chili solution while out on the road one day for work, getting glutened at a restaurant and not quite knowing what to do. For me, a glutening makes me extremely lethargic and I feel so low energy that I can barely drive. I don't know precisely why I got the chili....but I knew it was supposed to be safe and I guess I'd hoped it would give me energy. It definitely did help a lot.

I've tried the chili out a few times and eventually looked up more on why it helped. Here's a simple explanation:

"Glutamine is the main fuel that the intestinal cells need for maintenance and repair (they slough off every three days). Glutamine reinforces the immune system, and there is considerable evidence that glutamine can enhance the barrier function of the gut against viral, bacterial, and food antigen invaders (Hall JC et al. Br J Surg 1996 Mar;83(3):305-312). Glutamine has been proven to stimulate intestinal cell growth while reducing cell injury and infection. It also stimulates mucosal cells, which are highly protective against the damage seen in ulcers." http://www.hquest.com/hq_handouts_pf.asp?V...epair+Nutrients

Vicky

Thank you for that info. Do you know if that comes w/out dairy?? What's the name of it??

Thanks

We use Klaire Labs. It's gluten-free/CF and either corn free, or limited corn.. my son handles it well.

I hope your daughter feels better soon. If glutened, do you know the source?

Kristie

DD feels great today. She ate a couple of pieces of celery last night b4 all of this started. I'm wondering if the celery being a fiber mess her up too. Thanks for all your help and I'll be looking into the probiotics.

Thanks.