Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi, sorry in advance if this is a basic and obvious question, :(. I had a skin allergy test done yesterday for ongoing sinus issues, ie my left eye feels like it's about to pop out, and is so sore it hurts to move at times. Apparently I am allergic to Nada , NOTHING. I am having a CT next week to take a closer look at what's going on.

My question basically is, is this allergy test any indicator of gluten intolerance, I've been gluten and dairy free since August 20, and feel my body is getting stronger and is healing.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest Kathy Ann

I read (can't remember where exactly) that skin tests are definitely NOT useful for gluten intolerance or celiac testing.

To the best of my knowledge the gluten sensitivity tests currently being used are: conventional medical blood tests (there are several), biopsies, enterolab's stool tests, saliva tests, ELISA blood pinprick tests and gluten elimination/challenge tests. I think that's all of them. :huh:

That's right, celiac disease is NOT an allergy, and won't show up on allergy testing. Sometimes people are allergic to wheat or gluten, which would then show up. But that is not the same as celiac disease.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------