Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KIRK

Occasional Indigestion

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yea, that's probably normal. I know my non-gluten-intolerant (yes, she's been tested) daughter gets indigestion. It can be due to stress or junk food, or just other foods that may bother you (tomatoes, etc.). It also happens to her when she gets constipated. Since she started on a fiber supplement, our life has settled down (her oldest sister went to college and we moved to a different state, so lots of stress for an 8 year old), and she's eating less junk food and her heartburn/indigestion has gone away.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Yea, that's probably normal. I know my non-gluten-intolerant (yes, she's been tested) daughter gets indigestion. It can be due to stress or junk food, or just other foods that may bother you (tomatoes, etc.). It also happens to her when she gets constipated. Since she started on a fiber supplement, our life has settled down (her oldest sister went to college and we moved to a different state, so lots of stress for an 8 year old), and she's eating less junk food and her heartburn/indigestion has gone away.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is a good gluten-free over the counter fiber?

I actually am not sure ... the two kids who are taking fiber are not gluten-free, and they're taking a children's chewable.

I think psillium husks (by different manufacturers) are good. Just read the ingredients to be sure it's gluten-free. Metamucil, maybe? You'll have to check it's gluten-free status, but I believe that at least some of their products are gluten-free.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Hi,

I would recommend that you take acidophilus a couple times per day, if you're not allergic to dairy. My doctor recommended it to me to help repair my intestinal track (specifically to increase intestinal flora, which over time may help with HB). My doc recommends the cheapest ones Trader Joes sales. If you don't have a Trader Joes near you, just pick up a formula with nothing added--he said it's a waste of money. Also, try taking digestive enzymes with each meal (I love Papaya enzymes). Finally, in looking for gluten-free bulk, I discovered the best thing just last week: Rice Bran. It's super high in vitamins, and has 18 grams of fiber per serving! I make mine hot in the morning, like hot cereal, and add maple syrup and a bananna. No better way to start the day.

These things have helped me trememdously. If you still find no relief, I've heard drinking straight aloe vera juice will do the trick, and it's available at most health foods stores.

:)

2010- Gluten, Soy, Corn, Dairy, Eggs, Nut free. Sugar, non-gluten grains lite(Yes, still plenty to eat!)

2010-Doctor diagnosed me as Celiac then took diagnoses back, then said avoid gluten for life

Hi,

I would recommend that you take acidophilus a couple times per day, if you're not allergic to dairy. My doctor recommended it to me to help repair my intestinal track (specifically to increase intestinal flora, which over time may help with HB). My doc recommends the cheapest ones Trader Joes sales. If you don't have a Trader Joes near you, just pick up a formula with nothing added--he said it's a waste of money. Also, try taking digestive enzymes with each meal (I love Papaya enzymes). Finally, in looking for gluten-free bulk, I discovered the best thing just last week: Rice Bran. It's super high in vitamins, and has 18 grams of fiber per serving! I make mine hot in the morning, like hot cereal, and add maple syrup and a bananna. No better way to start the day.

These things have helped me trememdously. If you still find no relief, I've heard drinking straight aloe vera juice will do the trick, and it's available at most health foods stores.

:)

Mmmmmm I am going to be getting some of that rice bran! Thanks!