Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zachsmom

Wheat Ingrediants In Products... Shampoo Soap

I was reading someplace here... ( sorry my mind is just not working... ) that the kids are breaking out from using WHEAT shampoo and products.... GOD i feel like another bolt of lightning has just hit me... I never realized that gluten is in shampoo... and hand lotion and on the backs of stamps .. in soda...

Okay so does this type of posioning do damage internally too.. or its it externally .. and just cause dermatitis. My husband does not realize how many products have gluten in them and the more I read .. you guys are saying sometimes it is not listed.. then you are wondering or know why your sick when it wasnt listed on the label. I guess when you have achild and this is 99% the problem you go through the grieveing stage... and sadly I am there.. what stage I am on ... now that is a differnt web site. thanks . everyone for listening and commenting.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yes, unfortunately gluten can be in things like shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, bubble bath, toothpaste......really anything. Look for things like wheat germ oil, barley extract and oat bran. Vitamin E may be derived from wheat germ oil, too. I break out externally from those things. But you will also end up with 'eating' some of it. If you wash your hair with shampoo containing gluten, and you touch your hair and then eat with gluten on your hands.......... or you put on lotion and then eat........ think about it. Many chap sticks contain gluten, you can't help ingest some of that (the same goes for lipstick if you're a woman).

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------