Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amber_rose

Do You Think This Causes More Pain?

**If you want the short version, just read the second paragraph. If you want the longer version, of how I got glutened, read both paragraphs.**

Well, last night for my birthday, me & my family went to go eat at PF Changs, since they have a gluten-free menu. Well, I ordered gluten-free lettuce wraps & gluten-free lemon chicken. I've had those two items before & they were fantastic & I didnt have any problems whatsoever. But yesterday, I think they gave me the wrong lettuce wraps...the "normal" ones with real soy sauce! :o . I thought they tasted funny, but I thought that they just added to much soy sauce. I ate about five of them, & then my mom decided to eat one, as she had liked the gluten-free ones just the same as the gluten ones. She took a bite of the gluten-free one & said "Uh oh, I think these ones are the real ones...not the gluten-free ones!" So later that night I just had mild D...barely anything. But today I've had alllll the symptoms (bloating, D, tiredness, etc.)

Now I do dance (ballet, modern, pointe, etc) I almost have a six-pack now, so my abs are very very strong. It seems like the stronger my abs get the more pain I have when my stomach bloats. It barely even bloats, but you can tell its definitely bloated! It was very painful tonight with all the bloating, because everyday my abs are stronger. So do you think that the stronger your abs are, the more it hurts when your stomach bloats? Because when your abs are very strong & hard like mine, it doesnt give your stomach much room to spread.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

No sweetie--you go for those strong abs, that's wonderful. I think each time you get glutened may just be a stronger reaction, or maybe the type of gluten you ate caused a stronger reaction. I hardly react to barley, yet wheat makes me sick for days. Keep working out--that's wonderful.

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!