Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TinkerbellSwt

Portugese Manor In Perth Amboy

We went there last night for a huge gluten free banquet. It was amazing.. soo much gluten free food. They say that this restaurant, even if you go alone, can accomodate a gluten free meal. They understand all about cc and everything. No one there got sick. We had paella, chicken marsala, a pork roast, spanish rice, steamed veggies.. and the desserts.. to die for!

It was a fund raising event.. the seashore celiacs raise money to send an underpriviledged child to celiac camp in the summer. Last nite we raised enough for 2 kids, possibly three!!! I thought that was great. We had all types of raffles too.. we won 3 baskets full of gluten free food and mixes and a six pack of beer!!!

The whole nite was fantastic. I made a lot of friends. It was amazing to see so many celiacs in the same room!

I am not sure if this is the spot to put this.. I am sure it will be moved to wherever is most appropriate.

Thanks for listening!!

Stephanie

Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05

son born severly premature due to

celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Good to hear - I ate there many years ago when we had a friend in college who lived in Perth Amboy but I hadn't heard of celiac then. I'll add it to my mental list of places to eat. It does us all a good service when somebody passes on this kind of news! Thanks!

Lee

I never liked bread anyway.....

Duh to me... I glanced at the title and thought it said Portugese Man-of-War in Perth Amboy!!! ha ha ha... I thought there was one floating in the (cold) ocean...

luvs2eat

Living in the beautiful Ozark mountains in Arkansas

positive blood tests and later, positive biopsy

diagnosed 8/5/02, gluten-free (after lots of mistakes!) since that day

Dairy free since July 2010 and NOT happy about it!!