Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skore

Need Help. What Tests Do I Get?

Hi everyone!

I'm new, and have already found this forum to be a huge help in soo many ways, but I am so overwhelmed.

I have so many fragmented questions I'm not sure where to start but here goes - what tests do I have done?

I KNOW I have a wheat problem, so do I even bother to get tested for the gluten intolerance?

I also have a whole host of other issues, and i want to know what is going on with me darn it (!) so what else do I have done? These are some of what I can think of to test for, but what tests do I ask for? And what other tests might be good to have done?

Food: soy, corn, legumes, dairy, eggs, all grains, lectins, general allergy panel (skin prick).

How do you find out if you are allergic to green beans? citrus? what about food intolerances? can you test for those. I tend to go for weeks before presenting problems to a food (3 mos before I had a noticable reaction to spelt bread!), so the elimination diet can be a little difficult for me. Also, is there a way to test for intollerances vs. allergies?

Body: thyroid (which ones?), adrenal fatigue, osteoperosis, anemia, cholesterol - what else?

I really want to know where I stand - I have had too many years of ambiguity, and I just want to get a really good idea of where I am, and what I have to work with and against.

Also, out of curiosity, does anyone else here use muscle testing to monitor allergies/sensitivities? If so what has been your experience with it's reliability?

Thanks ahead of time for all your help.

S.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It's good that you're being thorough. If you want the celiac blood test, you must be eating gluten. If you've been wheat-free for some time, they will come out negative.

About the only test I see that you left off in all your potential testing to see what's wrong is for Lyme Disease :) IGeneX is the lab ... it has a lot of overlapping symptoms with fibro, CFS, IBS, etc.

Keep reading, keep posting .... I hope you find your answers soon.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

I had my blood tests done yesterday. Not only did I get a celiac screen, but my doctor also tested for diabetes, thyroid disorders, hepatitis A,B,C and HIV, plus a full blood panel. Can't accuse him of not being thorough.

My doctor also talked to me about fructose intolerance, which means not only do you react badly to wheat, but other fruits and vegetables as well. Apparently fructose intolerance can be tested for using a H2 breath test.