Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jean05

It Wasn't Dh!

I had a blistering, oozing rash on my abdomen for five months which I thought for sure was DH. I changed all my skin care and make-up, stopped eating out and became EXTREMELY careful with my food at home.(drove my family nuts) Just recently I read someone's thread about having a nickel allergy. I stopped wearing jeans and my belt and it healed completely. Thank God it's not DH! Thank you (don't remember who posted it) for posting the info!!!

Gluten Free Since 2001

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm glad it's not DH, and that it's all healed. I get rashes, and know how annoying they are.

But if you have celiac disease, you SHOULD be extremely careful with your food and use only gluten-free personal care products, anyway.

By the way, I love your avatar!

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had a nickel allergy since I was a kid. I have become more sensitive over the years. I just found concepts jewelry online. It would be nice to wear earrings again. I plan to buy some next week and dress up for the holidays.

I'm glad it's not DH, and that it's all healed. I get rashes, and know how annoying they are.

But if you have celiac disease, you SHOULD be extremely careful with your food and use only gluten-free personal care products, anyway.

By the way, I love your avatar!

I am continuing to be careful..........just not biting anyones head off. :D

The picture was taken in our front yard a few winters ago!

Gluten Free Since 2001

I have had a nickel allergy since I was a kid. I have become more sensitive over the years. I just found concepts jewelry online. It would be nice to wear earrings again. I plan to buy some next week and dress up for the holidays.

I haven't actually been tested for nickel allergy but I can only wear 14 kt gold earrings. Not being able to have the metal from my jeans and belt on my skin leads me to think it's nickel. I guess it could be another kind of metal. Don't know for sure......but I am staying away from it.

I may try a pair of nickel free earrings.

Gluten Free Since 2001